Not this kind of secretary.
At least not that I am going to discuss in this venue.
I am thrilled to announce that I have joined the Central Valley Alliance of Atheists and Skeptics as the Secretary of their Board of Directors.
I will help this organization as they refocus thier intentions and revive thier social media presence.
The Central Valley Alliance of Atheists and Skeptics is a nonprofit educational, service, and social organization focused on supporting Central Valley’s secular community.
This can be alienating to those people who belong to a minority religion or to no religion at all.
CVAAS works to be, “A Secular Voice in the Valley,” to act as a counterpoint in order to inject reason and critical inquiry into public discourse.
CVAAS encourages the examination of human rights and ethical questions from a human perspective. We believe that moral principles are best discovered when they are based on empathy, sympathy, and respect for others. We advocate for the examination of fringe and pseudo-scientific claims through the lens of objective scientific inquiry.
What we do:
- Create spaces for like-minded secular people to find mutual support, advice, and community.
- Explain the differences between Science and pseudoscience while promoting reasoning, critical thinking and the methods of science in the areas of education, medicine, and government.
- Offer encouragement, assistance, and materials to local affiliated and allied organizations.
- Create quality local events for the secular and skeptical community.
- Through our regular acts of service promote the idea that one can be “good whout God.”